Thursday, May 19, 2016

End of the week

Most people look forward to Fridays.  I never have because I love what I do and can look forward to most days.  I think the people that live for Friday's have to hate their lives.  You are wasting over 50% of your life doing something you don't enjoy.  Sucks for you.  This week I'm the total opposite.  I don't want tomorrow to come.
  Tomorrow is the day they lay it all out in front of us and we have to make some decisions that ultimately will change our life.  Penelope doesn't have many options, and the ones they have given us aren't exactly great.  They don't have a chapter about this shit in the adulting handbook.  If they did, it would be called "Shit you don't want to have to do" or "Hopefully you can skip this chapter".
  We joke about adulting all the time.  One of my good friends Abby and I made some adult decisions about a car situation a few months ago with her dealership and my coaching staff trip.  We kept looking around for an adult to make the decision, but there we were, all grown up and being bad ass adults.  If only I could have stopped there and chalked that up for my bi-monthly adult decisions. 
  I usually don't get phased by much.  My parents raised me to make decisions, see things through, and do what you have to do.  My Mom and Dad were great examples of making things work, and because of that most decisions I have had to make have been easy for me.  Tomorrow won't be easy.  I'm more concerned with not losing my shit in front of all those doctors and being able to actually talk more than I am picking choice A or B.  Or if you had Mr. Meyers crazy ass for science at GHS, you always knew 9 was D and 10 was C.  If only it were that simple.
   When I look back on this post one day.  I know I haven't portrayed the anxiety that I have.  This hasn't helped me be calm about a decision, but at least now I can say I have processed this part of the journey.  It won't help me sleep, it won't keep me from crying, but I know I can do this.  Hell I have to, that's just part of life.

Nobody should have to make decisions like this, especially on a Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Andy! Will continue praying for you...Don't lose your faith! I did and it took what seemed like forever to get back to living again. Something that I did learn, trust God to help you get through the toughest times in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words for what you all face. Following your blog....

    ReplyDelete