Sunday, February 4, 2018

Opportunities


          Every day I see people wasting opportunities.  I do it myself, I’m far from perfect, but it seems like more and more people are either complacent with where they are at, don’t understand what they are missing, or are just simply too lazy to give a damn anymore.  Opportunities can come in all forms and fashions, but when you have lost your child, you see almost everything as something that “Could have been.”
          The Daddy-Daughter dance is what makes me think of those opportunities and really tears me apart in some ways.  I’m jealous of the Dads that get to go.  I’m pissed at the ones that don’t.  I’m so glad I got to dance with P in the rain, but heartbroken that it will never happen again.  I could go on and on about what some of us would give to have those few moments with ours, but more so hoping that the ones that have those moments don’t waste them.  It isn’t about feeling sorry for the others, but more about taking that moment with less eye rolls of having to do it and more excitement of getting to do it.
         I think though if we thought more of opportunities of “Getting to” instead of “Having to” our lives would be a whole lot better.

       This one isn’t very long because I think I talk about this a lot.  Maybe it’s because I have to remind myself to look at all these moments and take them to heart.  Or maybe it is my way of not punching some of these guys that don’t step up and really be that Dad.  Whichever it is, I hope that at some point in every day we all don’t waste that opportunity with our family, our friends, and wherever else it might show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment