Sunday, February 11, 2018

Change


   Sundays have changed over the years.  I used to go to church, then it was a struggle, then I stopped going.  I traded sermons for sitting in a green chair and now I’ve traded that one for a seat at the end of the bed in assisted living.  I don’t exactly like it, but that is how change works.  We don’t have to like it, but it’s what we make out of it I guess.  That’s the BS I keep telling myself anyway.

   What we let into our lives is what changes us I think.  If you let negative in, you change in a negative light.  I gave up my football Twitter this week because I couldn’t stand what it was becoming.  Everything is about “Look at Me, Look at Mine!” instead of trying to create something positive or halfway thought provoking.  I felt bad about it, but then it hit me that I don’t have to sit and stare at it 10 times a day.  I thought it was random until Brit said this morning, “Write about being in this room.  These four walls never change.  The ceiling never changes.  All I can change is the TV channel and the side I lay on.” 

   It just made me think, at some point, I won’t be able to control the change.  I won’t be able to do anything about the world around me at some point in my life.  Until then I can change anything I want to, when I want to.  I think we as humans in this world today forget that.  I don’t have to work at this job if I hate it.  I don’t have to do something because it’s what I’ve always done.  I’m not talking changing the world, but I can change the world I live in to be what I want.

   I guess I wrote this more for me than anyone else.  It will show up in my Facebook Memories one day and I’ll probably say, “What in the world was I writing about?” Hopefully, I won’t open it up and forgot to have changed anything.  That would be a sad day.

1 comment: