Sunday, February 5, 2017

All talk No Walk

     So many people these days want to bitch and complain about things.  They want to rant and rave about how something isn’t done right or something is wrong with the world that we live in today.  But usually that’s where it stops.  ALL TALK NO WALK.  People aren’t passionate about very many things anymore.  We have become complacent in things around us and are just ok with having an opinion.  You have to fight in this life for what you want.  Contrary to popular belief, life doesn’t owe you anything, you have to earn it.
Be passionate about something, be passionate about anything, but just get off your keyboard and do something about it.
     There are many friends that I am honored to know that are passionate about something.  Too many people want to complain about the life that they are in, but don’t do a damn thing about it. I have friends that are fighting to help get people medical marijuana on the Capitol floor.  I have a friend that left her job in order to continue the fight for research and awareness so her precious baby girl can grow up in a better world.  I have a wife that speaks out against ignorance and fought so hard for my baby girl that I felt at times I wasn’t doing enough and made me work harder.  I have friends from college that helped put books in hands of kids in inner city Charlotte.  I got to do and be a part of so many things because of Penelope.  I won’t ask what you’ve done lately, because chances are you are asking yourself.
     I’m passionate about my kids learning and understanding the world around them, not just what some data says they should do.  I teach them empathy through St. Jude’s and open their eyes to what is outside of their little bubble in order to make that bubble bigger or even nonexistent.  I preach to my football players about work ethic and drive.  I walk the walk though.  I read, I get better, I workout when I don’t want to because if I don’t then I’m just another person talking about something.  As a teacher and a coach I have a great platform to express my passions and pass it along to others.  Everyone, no matter the road you’ve taken, has an opportunity, you just have to take it.
I’m just tired of people complaining all the time and not doing anything about the situation.  I believe in one simple statement that I heard my man Brigham Lyons say.

 “If you don’t like your situation, get up and do something about it. That’s on you.”  Simple as that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment